Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Fantasy Teapot Cake

This was a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache fillings. 

I received a call one day from an unknown lady who told me that she got my number while browsing through all the cake blog that she can found in Selangor. She was impressed with my previous works and she was confident that I can do the cake that she had in mind.

The cake was for a hantaran cake for her nephew's engagement. She had seen the teapot cake that I made years ago and she e-mailed a ceramic teapot and requested me to replicate it with the requested theme colors. Since the engagement was for another 1 month, I had ample time to plan.

The most crucial part doing this cake was the petals pieces that had to be really dried otherwise it would be easily broken.

I was amazed with myself, the blue petals really enhanced the overall look of the teapot. I sent the cake to her sister-in law's house. 

To date, I never meet the lady in person, just through phone calls and e-mailed. Nevertheless, she "sms"ed me after the engagement ceremony by saying thanks for producing a good work of art. It really made my day.......


No comments:

Post a Comment