Thursday, July 21, 2011

Peacock Cake

I received a call one day from a client requesting a peacock cake for her sister's engagement. Appointment was made and she sited a sample of peacock wedding cake in the Asadi Magazine. Even though she did not bring the picture but I had seen it before and still imprinted in my head. To do the peacock feathers was a bit of time consuming. 

She requested a three tiered cake and she wanted to bring it to Temerloh. I was quite apprehensive it will survive the journey. Nevertheless, I suggested a two tiered cake with different shape so it would still accentuate the peacock.


Overall I'm quite satisfied with the outcome, however the peacock body appeared a bit stiff and I should have painted the feathers on the body (brown ones) so there will be some dimension and texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment