Sunday, February 21, 2010

Dianah's Engagement


Dianah “Hantaran” Cupcake
 
This “Hantaran” flowers were made of royal icing. The theme color was red brick ( in malay, Merah batu bata) and cream.
 
I asked one of my Engineer friends about the color of brick. He informed there are many grades of bricks, depends on the content of the clay, from the reddish to the brownish and started to lecture on bricks, huh,huh, at certain time my brain just switch-off, not listening, just respond my saying mmmm…….
 
He informed me the British India Office in Kota Damansara was made of the most expensive and the highest grade of bricks. On Sunday, during my pasar tani routine, I pass by the British India Office, almost ¾ of the building used bricks, more like terracotta color. This building must cost a fortune.
 
Back to the hantaran, the roses I used terracotta color, however I think I used too much color paste and it turned more to the reddish color.
 
Overall I’m satisfied with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment